Facial Studio is only for Windows, compatible with Windows XP to Windows 10
Need to create a 3D realistic, caricatured or cartoon head ? Whatever the ethnicity or gender you are seeking to create,
Facial Studio (Windows Edition) will greatly facilitate the once complex task of creating 3D heads.
Facial Studio (Windows Edition) features more than 500 controls covering the entire 3D head creation process. Deform anything
from eyes, nose and mouth to head shape, including teeth and tongue. Modify head symmetry, ethnicity and gender as you please.
What is truly unique about Facial Studio (Windows Edition) is the application’s ability to create a head based on photos in less than 10 minutes using
easy-to-use PhotoMatching technology.
Then, using Facial Studio (Windows Edition)
controls, you can tweak the head, define your own facial poses, and export heads and all deformations to your favorite 3D software. In fact,
Facial Studio (Windows Edition) exports to every major 3D application including 3ds max, Cinema4D, LightWave, Maya, MotionBuilder, Mudbox, Softimage XSI and many others using the
FBX file format.
Get Facial Studio (WindowsEdition) today and begin creating the 3D heads you want.
(Windows Edition) features list includes :
- FBX file format
which will export the head and its shapes
(commonly known as morph targets or blend
shapes) as well as the textures to your favorite
- Head deformers,
controls the: nose, nostrils, mouth, eyes, ears,
cheeks, chin, neck, eyebrows, teeth, tongue, and
eyeballs with easy to use spinners
- Head generators, controls over the gender,
the race, the age, the ethnicity…
- Low, Medium and
all optimized to be used with Sub-divisions
surface in your favorite 3D application.
- Perfect UVW Mapping Coordinates,
designed to allow maps to be created easily and
- Wonderful muscles deformations,
next-generation deformer to controls
- Full range of expressions and phonemes,
controls complex muscles combination on any
heads created inside of Facial Studio with
- PhotoMatching, allowing you to reproduce
heads from photos or drawings in minutes !
- Samples photos
the Human Photo References for 3d Artists, to
get you started with the Photo-Matching tool.
- Customizable generators,
this gives you total freedom to tweak every
aspect of the generators.
- Multiple Cameras and Multiple Lights, for
maximum flexibility in your 3D environment.
- Basic Rendering engine,
allowing you to quickly create images of any
heads you create without quitting Facial
- Comes with a complete library of maps,
including more than 50 texture maps.
so you can share license(s) across your network.
Facial Studio you get an exclusive artistic
is built by artists for artists. Our heads
aren't based on any 3D scanners data, and our UV
coordinates aren't based on mathematical
is all hand-made. The best artists in their own
field created all the data for you. We paid
particular attention to assemble a tool which
let you create the heads you want without
restriction at any steps of your creation
All Di-O-Matic products
include 12 months complimentary Premium support package as well as floating
Facial Studio pipeline integration is a breeze
as it exports numerous files formats compatible
with all leading 3D applications including
FBX and OBJ files.
Every facial deformations you created within Facial Studio (Windows Edition)
will export to your favorite 3D application. Supporting many 3D applications including 3ds
max, Maya, MotionBuilder, Softimage by using the FBX file format.
Facial Studio: Shapes Manager
3ds max: Morpher
3ds max: Facial Studio
Maya: Blend Shapes
Cinema4D: Pose Morph
Ligthwave: Morph Mixer
Don't miss any future update, be automatically notified when a new version is released by subscribing to the Facial Studio RSS feed
Use the "Check for updates" option, located in the
Help menu of Facial Studio, to automatically download the latest update you are entitled to at no additional charges.
Version 3.2 11/06/2012
* Windows 8 compatibility
* Temporary files could be saved in wrong folder: fixed
Version 3.1 03/30/2012
* Render Textures / Make Map improvements
* Eyeball rotation not supported in Shapes Manager: fixed
* Saving Facial Studio (3ds max) obj files could create files with duplicate extension: fixed
Version 3.0 09/07/2011
* Essential version now available
* Windows 7 compatibility
* Improved User Interface
* New splash screen and icons
* Improve overall slider speed
* Completely re-designed Shapes Manager
* Improved exporting options
* New ability to separate facial elements when exporting to FBX
* New ability to export to .obj files (easy export to Mudbox and Zbrush)
* New ability to export directly to Facial Studio (3ds max Edition)
* New adjustable FOV parameter for cameras
* New alternate lower resolution head topology
* New "Reset Camera" option in View menu (Ctrl +R)
* New "Do you want to save ?" mechanism to prevent potential data loss
* Up/Down and Left/Right consistency in all deformations: fixed
* PhotoMatching could fail with high resolution images: fixed
Registered users of Facial Studio (Windows Edition) must subscribe to the Premium+ support package to gain access to version 3.
Version 2.0 03/19/2009
* Windows Vista Compatibility
* Enhanced user interface
* New licensing mechanism allowing floating licenses
* Ability to display PhotoMatching textures in the 3d view
* Undo & Redo buttons in the PhotoMatching module
* Red blending lines are not restricted to be just vertical
* Optional web-based welcome page to keep you informed
* New default project mechanism
* Enhanced FBX exporter
* Improved wireframe display
* Improved shape and proportion for the default head
* Improved Shape generators preset: Gender, Race
* Improved UV coordinates of the Low Resolution head
* Improved Phonemes generators preset
* New additional Shape generators preset: Asymmetry, Blowing
* New additional jaw deformations : Y Rotation, Z Rotation
Registered users of Facial Studio (Windows Edition) v1.x must subscribe to the Premium+ support package to gain access to version 2.
Version 1.51 08/25/2005
* Bug fixes :
- images with uppercase extension (JPG, TGA, BMP) are now fully supported in the PhotoMatching
- rendering textures offset issue is resolved
Version 1.5 07/25/2005
* PhotoMatching :
Interactive Rotate, Scale, Brightness and Contrast controls for the input photos.
Eyes textures are now extracted from photos.
New frame photo within view button
New progress bar while creating textures in the PhotoMatching editor
Automatically load textures created in PhotoMatching in the 3d view.
* Increased speed performance in the following area : OpenGL display, Materials panel, PhotoMatching map previewer, PhotoMatching views
* Save As option
* Tip of the day
* Multiple projects are now displayed with Tabbed windows
* The following images file format are now supported consistently in Facial Studio : .bmp, .jpg, .tga
Version 1.0 09/27/2004
* Initial release
Facial Studio (Windows Edition) starting at only